Interactive product tours are all the rage.
But how do you make them work for the dev audience?
How do you deal with:
- Explain your complex dev tool value proposition quickly
- Show both code and UI elements
- Make devs feel great developer experience of your product
- Push devs to the conversion action without being to pushy
- And do all that without overwhelming
That is hard.
But Vercel somehow made it.
This is by far the best product tour I have seen so far.
What I love:
- Great, clean navigation that lets me go back if I want to
- They use their slogan "Develop, Preview, Ship" to reinforce the product message
- They show both code and the UI
- The CTAs are visible but subtle enough not to distract
This product tour is what dev tool startups will aspire to for years (or months ;) ) to come.
Mark my words.