7k likes on an event promo post to the dev audience.
I don't think I've ever seen 7k likes on a developer company post on Linkedin.
Ok, this is Github, but still.
This is a 26sec video where they go:
- "What happens when a CEO..."
- "... builds an app LIVE in 18 minutes ..."
- "... in front of 15000 people..."
- "... with Copilot X for the first time?"
- "What could go wrong?"
- "What it Live"
This is a job well done:
- Super slick but minimal design. Feels a bit like that famous nextjs prisma conference tickets.
- Offers a live coding session which is one of the event types that devs like cause it is real.
- Plays powerful music, but no voiceover that would make it feel more corporate.
- Dev to dev, conversational copy. + this final snarkiness appeals to devs.
And they could have done:
- Copy: "We are happy to announce our CEO streamlining business value for the enterprise"
- Design: Show people at previous events and stuff that you saw a million times
- Offer: Talks from industry leaders (that are customers using your product)
- Voiceover and music: Boring corporate classic.
This is how to promote an event. LOVED IT!