VS competitor ads are hard to pull off with devs. Not impossible though. 👇
So the problem is that:
- You want to list problems people have with the competing tool.
- But you don't want to come off as too negative and aggressive.
- And you want people to not think those are just "some bs claims to sell your tool"
@Convex does it really nicely here:
- They start positively by acknowledging that some people do "Love Firebase"
- They tag the competitor to build trust in the claims they are making
- They list problems people have with the competitor explicitly in voice of customer: "request waterfalls", "weak react support", "managing end-to-end consistency"
- And they link to a deeper vs competitor page for details
And even though this is by a "aggressive" competitor marketing hundreds of devs liked/bookmarked this tweet.