Interesting dev blog CTA idea from V7.
CTAs in technical articles is a tricky subject:
- Go too aggressive and "obviously an ad" and devs ignore it or get angry
- Go too subtle and you may not get the readers attention at all
I like how V7 approached it here:
- They add a separate (aside) section but it is subtle, feels like a part of the article
- They use a GIF image creative that catches my attention and simply shows the product
- They used various anchor link CTAs. Interestingly these often get more clicks than buttons
What I'd change/test is making this CTA not a generic value prop but something closely connected to the rest of the article.